About This Class
This class is geared towards startup entrepreneurs and provides an introduction to venture capital. Topics covered in this event will include:
- Determining whether you’re investor ready
- Equity vs Non Dilutive Funding
- Whether or Not to Raise
- How Accelerators work
- Angels and VCs
- How VC Firms work: Structure, Funding Rounds, Exits
- How VCs Choose Investments
- Pitching to Investors
- Equity 101: Multiple Funding Rounds and Dilution
- Convertible Notes
- Term Sheet – Structure and Key Terms
- What Not to Do
- 5:00 pm to 5:15 pm – Networking
- 5:15 pm to 5:45 pm – Presentation
- 5:45 pm – 6:00 pm – Questions
- Determine if you should raise money from venture capital
- Understand how venture capital firms work and make investment decisions
- Explain how valuation is determined
- Define standard ﬁnancing terms
- Understand the venture capital landscape in Orlando
About the Instructor
Johanna OlssonAssociate at DeepWork Capital,
Johanna is an Associate at DeepWork Capital, an early-stage venture capital firm based in Orlando. At the firm, Johanna coordinates and manages due diligence procedures of all pipeline opportunities. Before joining the firm, Johanna graduated with her MBA at Rollins Crummer Graduate School, where she also completed her BA in International Business. During her graduate studies she was an honorary member of the angel group venVelo, an Entrepreneurial Scholar of Distinction, and COO of the student-led company Rollins Moving Services.
About Our Partners
DeepWork Capital invests professionally managed committed venture capital in growth-oriented early-stage companies in the technology and life science sectors in Florida and surrounding areas. The Firm prefers to take a lead or co-lead investor role while working closely with other investment groups and takes a hands-on approach with its portfolio companies.
Monday, 9 December
5 – 6 pm EST
100 E Pine Street, #110
Orlando, FL 32801
The Annual Florida Venture Capital Conference™ is Florida’s most prominent, “Go To”, capital investment-centric event and gathering each year!
The 2020 Florida Venture Capital Conference offers numerous networking opportunities, programming featuring top investors and deal makers active in the state, and showcases Florida’s most innovative and fast growing later stage, private companies before an audience of venture capitalists, investors, and other service providers.
Past Presenters have raised approximately $6 Billion in equity capital. Over 400 people attended the 2019 conference, including 200+ equity investors from across the U.S., Europe and Latin America, representing billions of dollars in deployable capital.
Presenter applications will be reviewed and companies chosen by a selection committee made up of active venture capitalists and investors.